Comstock’s magazine seeks a marketing specialist. You will be a valued member of a talented and motivated team of artists, journalists and production experts.
This is a unique opportunity for a mid-level employee to become an essential part of the premier business publication for California’s Capital Region, which includes Sacramento and the 9 surrounding counties. We offer a fast-paced work environment that demands innovation, teamwork and a keen attention to detail.
This role will support our interim marketing manager.
- Develop unique marketing strategies for both print and digital using targeted campaigns for both B2B/ B2C arenas.
- Web management: event postings, online photo galleries and reader-engagement posts
- Social media curation, scheduling and engagement
- Track deliverables for event sponsorship
- Assist with day-of event facilitation
- Tracking online ad metrics
- Attention to detail is crucial
- Leadership and team management experience
- Exceptional organization
- Strong work ethic, drive and ambition
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well with a team and individually
- Mac-proficient and basic knowledge of PCs
- Knowledge of Google Drive, Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Facebook Business Manager, Hootsuite, Google Analytics and digital marketing proficiency required
- Comfortable managing multiple social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Clear communication skills
- Ability to lift 25lbs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under deadlines
- Photo editing, design or video skills a plus
- Reliable transportation
Compensation is $16/hour, depending on experience. This is a full time position.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “Marketing Specialist” in the subject line.