During his final State of the Address, held Jan. 28 at the Crest Theatre, Mayor Kevin Johnson announced that Anpac Bio-Medical Science Company has selected Sacramento as the location for their U.S. headquarters. The cancer screening and treatment company is regarded for their breakthrough early cancer screening, detection and diagnostic technology.
Here are some key points, via Anpac’s vice president of U.S. Deveopment, Drisha Leggit:
- While the cost of most traditional cancer screening methods (such as imaging) can run anywhere between $3,000 to upwards of $20,000, depending on the test or tool, the price of Anpac’s CDA tests starts at about $200.
- Sacramento oncology and other life sciences research leaders at Dignity Health, Sutter Health, Kaiser Permanente and UC Davis will be partnering with Anpac to test and expand data coming out of Sacramento. Sacramento health systems will partner with Anpac to conduct research and FDA clinical trials – with a goal of eventually gaining FDA approval.
- Within the next two years, Anpac’s U.S. Headquarters in Sacramento will hire at least 250 life sciences, technology and other science professional positions.
- Within 10 years, Anpac hopes to build a 50,000-square-foot research and manufacturing campus — a sister facility to one of Anpac’s Chinese research complexes — and hire at minimum an additional 1,000 people.
- The company plans to host a Life Sciences & Technology Conference, inviting CEOs from throughout China to Sacramento for tours and research.
- Anpac is also encouraging two other Asian companies with very strong ties to Anpac to also locate their US Headquarters in Sacramento, CA.