The Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) will distribute turkeys and Thanksgiving side dish items to thousands of families this holiday season.
The distribution will begin at 8:00 a.m. and proceed until the last turkey is distributed (likely around noon). Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services 3333 Third Avenue Sacramento, CA 95817 (near 34th and Broadway in Oak Park) SFBFS will distribute 4,000 turkeys collected from Thursday’s 10th annual Turkey Drive.
How the Turkey Distribution works Sacramento County residents in need of a Thanksgiving meal are welcome to attend SFBFS’ Turkey Distribution on Monday, November 20. One numbered ticket is handed out to each family/household from the back of the line. 4,000 tickets will be distributed.
Every family/household who receives a ticket will receive a turkey and side dish items. Once the distribution opens at 8 a.m., families will enter SFBFS’ gated parking lot, collect their Thanksgiving meal items and exit SFBFS’ grounds.
What each family/household will receive
- One turkey (fresh or frozen) in a reusable tote-bag
- Two bags of side dishes including mashed potatoes, stuffing, rice, beans, canned vegetables, soup, gravy, pasta, sauce and fruit Tips for recipients
- Do not line up before 7 a.m.
- No camping is permitted.
- Bring your ID or proof of address.
- Hold on to your ticket. Lost tickets cannot be replaced.
- SFBFS recommends arriving after 8 a.m. The line will be shorter, move more quickly and you will wait less time.
- If you come early, be prepared to stand and walk for long distances.
- There is no seating available. There is no line for disabled individuals.
- Port-a-potties will be onsite.
- Bring a cart or tote bag to carry the turkey and side dishes.
- This is a one-day only distribution. SFBFS does not provide a hot meal on Thanksgiving Day.
- Can’t join us on Monday morning?
Contact Sacramento 2-1-1 for other resources. All Partner Agencies that received turkeys from SFBFS’ Turkey Drive are listed on Sacramento 2-1-1. – more – Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services | 3333 Third Avenue | Sacramento, CA 95817 | (916) 456-1980 www.sacramentofoodbank.org
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services Guiding families on their journey to self-sufficiency Thank you Sacramento Thank you to PG&E for sponsoring this year’s Turkey Distribution. PG&E’s financial and volunteer support on this day, along with turkey donations from our community, make Thanksgiving brighter for thousands of local families.
For more information, click here.