Issue Immersion Day provides an opportunity for all EDGE members and event attendees to learn about an issue affecting the region, discover what work is being done to improve the issue, and provide opportunities for advocacy. This year’s Issue Immersion Day is focused on transportation in the Sacramento region.
EDGErs are invited to attend the 2nd Annual Issue Immersion Day on Tuesday, October 17, to learn about current and future transportation projects in the region and how to advocate for change.
- 11:30 am: Lunch and Registration at Hotel Bar (1501 L Street, Sacramento, CA 95814)
- 12:15 pm: Walk to California State Capitol Building, Room #113 (1315 10th St, Sacramento, CA 95814)
- 12:30 – 1:45 pm: Transportation Panel – Hear from leaders in
the transportation industry on the current state of
transportation and their plans for the future.
- James Corless, CEO, Sacramento Area Council of Governments
- Tiffani Fink, CEO, Paratransit
- Sparky Harris, Downtown-Riverfront Streetcar Project Manager, City of Sacramento
- Henry Li, CEO, Regional Transit
- 1:45 – 2:00 pm: Break
- 2:00 – 2:45 pm: SB 1 Panel– Learn about what projects will be in line with SB1 money, what it means for jobs in the area and why it is important for the current state of California’s infrastructure
- 3:00 pm: Walk to Cathedral Square Station (11th & K)
- 3:13 pm: Ride light rail to City College Station
- 3:31 pm: Arrive at City College Station and walk to Curtis Park Pedestrian Bridge
- 3:45 – 4:30 pm: Presentation on Curtis Park Pedestrian Bridge – Learn about bicycle advocacy and what issues the Sacramento Area Bicycle Advocates are currently advocating for Jim Brown, Executive Director, Sacramento Area Bicycle Advocates
- 4:46 pm: Depart to Cathedral Square Station
- 5:03 pm: Arrive at Cathedral Square Station/Event Concludes
- 5:30 pm: In the Mix on the Delta King
For more information, click here.