In 1895, the Sacramento Metro Chamber saw the promise of our valley and encouraged members to write to relatives and friends, boasting of the richness of our soil and offering assistance to come settle the land to help develop Sacramento. Since the early settlers, agriculture has been a staple for our economy and one that today, continues to put our region on the map.
As the Farm-to-Fork capital, the Sacramento region doesn’t just embrace the fruits of it’s labor, we celebrate them. Join us as we explore agriculture’s economic footprint in our region and the growing impact it can have in our community.
Keynote Speaker: Jim Wiesemeyer, Sr.
Vice President, Informa Economics. A nationally
recognized expert on agriculture and
policy, Wiesemeyer will identify the macro factors
impacting agriculture in the next several years and break down
those most likely to affect the crops and businesses in the
- Moderator Rob Stewart, KVIE will lead a discussion focused on the bounty of the region and the economic impact agriculture holds in our regional economy.
- Donald Bransford, Bransford Farms
- Christopher Cabaldon, Mayor of West Sacramento
- Dr. Helene Dillard, UC Davis
- Michael Passmore, Passmore Ranch
- Chris Turkovich, Turkovich Family Wines
To register, click here.