This is a unique opportunity to become an essential part of the premier business publication for California’s Capital Region, which includes Sacramento and the nine surrounding counties. We offer a fast-paced work environment that demands innovation, teamwork and a keen attention to detail. We are looking for someone who networks with ease, is independently-motivated and yet understands the value of marketing, collaboration and cooperation.
The Marketing Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Marketing and Sales departments with admin tasks. They will be responsible for assisting with company policies, distributing magazines and help ensure the office processes run smoothly. This position will start off in-office and move into a hybrid position working from the office and at home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Distribute magazines to clients & retail stores in the Sacramento area
- Assist with on-site event production and media sponsorships’ promotional deliverables
- Create and schedule marketing content for social media channels, website and email campaigns
- Find ways to generate leads, marketing surveys and improve current systems in place
- Maintain strong relationships with advertising clients, community partners and readers
- Review & collect advertising materials submitted for online/print production
- Track multiple projects on a monthly basis to bring to completion
- Upload digital editions to the website and share on social media
- Report analytics from the website’s advertising campaigns & online traffic
- Track office equipment, inventory supplies and answer staff-related inquiries
- Support the Account Executives, Marketing Manager and third-party vendors in their day-to-day workflow on processing requests
Entrepreneurial spirit, creative mindset, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and self-motivated with a results-driven approach. Familiar with G Suite, Microsoft Outlook apps, Adobe Creative Cloud, reporting online analytics, PC/Macbook, CRM systems and AP Style knowledge is preferred. 1+ years of work experience preferred in a similar role. The ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines. Reliable transportation is a must.
Individuals in the position will spend much of their day sitting and standing in an office setting.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, cover letter and any previous work samples (personal links, files, university projects, etc.) to email@example.com and include “Marketing Assistant” in the subject line. The position is offered at Comstock’s Publishing Inc. office for 40hrs/weekly full-time, $18.00/hr + benefits