Inspired by the famous footrace in Paris, the Sacramento Bastille Day* Waiters’ Race benefits the Alliance Française de Sacramento and the Sacramento French Film Festival.
There will be live French music, French food specials available at surrounding restaurants, and the famous waiters’ race! Admission to Sacramento Bastille Day is free. Beer will be available for purchase.
For our participating waiters-
Make it to the finish line without spilling water or without dropping the tray altogether. Judges will be at each corner and the finish line. There is no registration fee for the first 50 participants, so register early here (and learn about the route and rules)
The goal: Make it to the finish line without spilling water or without dropping the tray altogether. Judges will be at each corner and the finish line.
There is no registration fee for the first 50 participants, so register early!
The course is TWO laps around the block bounded by 18th & 19th streets, and L St. & Capitol Ave.
Attire is a long-sleeved or short-sleeved white shirt. No tank tops. Wear black pants and comfortable shoes. You will be given an apron, a napkin to drape over your arm, a bow-tie, tags with your number, a tray with a bottle of water and table glasses that will be 3/4 full of water.
- No touching items on the tray once you have started.
- Use only one hand to support the tray, balancing is from underneath (not holding it)
- No changing hands once the race has started.
- NO RUNNING, this is a speed-walking race. Runners will be disqualified.
- Racers must walk on the street only (NOT sidewalks).
- No unsportsmanlike conduct such as body contact or interfering with the other racers.
- Check-in starts at 3:30 p.m. and all runners must check-in at by 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 14th. Check in at in front of 1801 L Apartments. The race starts promptly at 4:30 p.m!
1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes will be seperately awarded for a
men’s division and a women’s division. To participate, you must
currently be on the waitstaff of a restaurant. Winners will be
determined by the order of crossing the finish line with a dry
tray. If there are not three dry trays within each division, then
the prize winners in each division will be the contestants with
the least amount of water spilled. Prizes in both divisions
To register, click here.