Ever considered getting involved in your local community as an appointee to a board or commission? Want to know more about how the process works? How do you access the application? Where to find vacancies? How do you navigate the process? Who can help?
Please join California Women Lead for an appointments training to learn the process that one should take to be appointed to a board/commission/committee at the local and state level. With the number of women in government decreasing, we want to empower women to apply for appointments to reach gender equality on boards and commissions. Join us and be part of the movement. Speakers include:
- State Senator Richard Pan
- State Assemblymember Jim Cooper
- Mona Pasquil, Appointments Secretary, Office of Governor Edmund G. Brown, Jr.
- Rachel Michelin, CEO, California Women Lead; current Gubernatorial Appointee
- Elk Grove Vice Mayor Darren Suen
- Elk Grove Councilmember Stephanie Nguyen
- Elk Grove Councilmember Pat Hume