DDSO is beyond thrilled to be the recipient of the Crayons to Canvas Art Supply Drive! We owe tremendous thanks and gratitude to Raphael Delgado, Sacramento Artist, and Veronica Delgado, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, for this exciting opportunity. Their generosity will lift the spirits of people with disabilities in our art programs, just in time for the holidays!
How do you feel once you have completed a work of art, wrote a poem, or even constructed something with your own hands? The Crayons to Canvas Art Supply Drive collects art supplies to give to adults with disabilities at the DDSO.
Crayons to Canvas will donate art supplies, writing materials, and crafts to the Developmental Disabilities Service Organization, so they can carry on their mission of providing adults with disabilities modes of communication through the arts.
You can brighten our classrooms with these supplies:
- Paint, brushes, canvases (all colors and sizes)
- Colored pencils and pens, construction paper, notepads
- Journals and writing pens
- Scrapbook material, stickers, photo albums, glue sticks
- Paper bags/plates, google eyes, glitter, cotton balls, Popsicle sticks, pipe cleaners
- Paper towels, rags
- Art Kits, Bead Kits, or Craft Kits
For more information and a list of donation stations, click here!