Food Tank, in partnership with the Sacramento Convention & Visitors Bureau, Farm-to- Fork Program, and University of California- Davis, is excited to announce the 1st annual Farm Tank Conference at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento. This two-day event will feature more than 35 different speakers from the food and agriculture field. Researchers, farmers, chefs, policy makers, government officials and students will come together for interactive panels.
The event will feature interactive panels moderated by top food journalists, networking, and delicious food, followed by a day of hands-on activities and opportunities for attendees. This is the third in a series of four two-day Summits in 2016 which will bring together some the world’s most impactful food system leaders. Earlier this year, the Washington, D.C. Food Tank Summit completely sold out and drew in more than 30,100 livestream viewers. This is a can’t miss event for 2016!
Confirmed speakers (many more to be announced soon!):
- Shelia Bowman, Seafood Watch Manager of Culinary & Strategic Initiatives, Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Tom Chan, CEO, General Produce
- Hsiao-Ching Chou, Food Journalist, Cookbook Author, and Director of Communications at Institute for Systems Biology
- Matthew Dillon, Director of Agricultural Policy and Programs, Clif Bar & Company
- Michael Dimock, President, Roots of Change
- Robert Egger, Founder and President, L.A. Kitchen
- Hannah Freeman, Director of Produce and Floral, Fair Trade USA
- Twilight Greenaway, Managing Editor, Civil Eats
- Nicolette Hahn Niman, Rancher, Lawyer, and Author
- Marcia Ishii-Eiteman, Senior Scientist, PANNA
- Eric Holt-Giménez, Executive Director, Food First
- Saru Jayaraman, Co-Director and Co-Founder, ROC United
- Nick Kastle, Director of Marketing and Business Development & Business Unit General Manager, The Morning Star Company
- Mary Kimball, Executive Director, Center for Land-Based Learning
- Keith Knopf, COO, Raley’s Family of Fine Stores
- Andrea Lepore, Founder, Hot Italian
- Roz Naylor, Director, Center on Food Security and the Environment, Stanford University
- Nikiko Masumoto, Farmer, Masumoto Family Farm
- Nick Papadopoulis, CEO and Co-Founder, CropMobster
- Michael Passmore, President, Passmore Ranch
- Thomas Reynolds, Vice President of Program, Partnerships, and Learning, CARE International
- Beth Ruyak, Reporter, National Public Radio (NPR)
- Zachary Scott Dashner, Barilla Center for Food & Nutrition Foundation
- Oscar Villegas, Supervisor (District 1), Yolo County Board of Supervisors
- Matt Wadiak, Founder and COO, Blue Apron
- Richard Waycott, CEO, California Almond Board
- Gabe Youtsey, CIO, The University of California’s Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources
The first day will include researchers, farmers, chefs, policy makers, government officials, and students who will come together for interactive panels on topics that include food transparency, food tech, sustainable protein, infrastructure, and food business, among other topics. The entire first day will be live streamed on www.FoodTank.com.
The second day will give participants an exclusive and behind-the-scenes experience where they will be immersed in all that California agriculture has to offer. These custom-designed tracks will cater to all food and agriculture professionals and enthusiasts. From getting your hands dirty at West Sac urban farms to experiencing the most innovative tech solutions in the area, these experiences are like nothing ever offered before.
Not only will participants be able to soak up the expertise of our top level speakers, they’ll also be able to network with each other, and share locally sourced meals throughout the conference, including the Farm-to-Fork reception dinner at the historic Memorial Auditorium
To register, click here.