Comstock’s magazine, named Best Business Magazine and Best Consumer Web Publication by the Western Publishing Association, seeks a creative and motivated Admin Assistant. You will be a valued member of a talented and motivated team of professionals who not only know how to do great work — we also know how to have fun.
This is a unique opportunity to become an essential part of the premier business publication for California’s Capital Region, which includes Sacramento and the 9 surrounding counties. As Comstock’s is a multi-platform publication, it is important that applicants feel comfortable working in both print and online mediums. Attention to detail, a systematic approach to complex projects, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and strong technical skills are all necessary to succeed in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the operation of departments to confirm that assigned programs are completed according to specifications, budgets, and timelines.
- Regularly communicate internal needs and discuss any challenges to ensure outcomes are being met in a timely manner.
- Coordinate event planning logistics, on-site facilitation & fulfill sponsorship deliverables.
- Assist the Point person between HR, IT and Accounting to handle general office items for employees and other admin requests; maintaining records, ordering supplies, and assisting accounting with internal expenses and service contract agreements
- Magazine deliverables
- Web management: event postings, scheduling social media content and online photo galleries
- Tracks systems and enters data to update program accounts used by departments
- Formats RSVP for monthly print cycle
- Helps with posting on social media and gathering components that drive to build a better marketing plan.
- Provides high-level administrative support and assistance to the President/Publisher, Ads Coordinator and/or other assigned leadership staff
- Performs clerical and administrative tasks including drafting letters, memos, invoices, reports and other documents for senior staff
- Schedules meetings on behalf of executives
- Maintain confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and financial matters
- Tasked with training, on-boarding/termination of employees, writing SOPs, processes and procedures related to the CRM and transformational databases.
- Receives incoming communication or memos on behalf of senior staff, reviews contents, determines importance, and summarizes and/or distributes contents to appropriate staff
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- A sense of humor and a high level of enjoyment in working with other business professionals, freelance creatives and team members in a work environment with hard deadlines
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and record keeping systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, G Suite Workspace or related software, Adobe Creative Cloud, familiar with AP Style.
- Extremely creative and inventive
- Ability to compile, analyze, and communicate data
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational skills and careful attention to detail with the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality work, while adhering to deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to solve problems effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable transportation is a must
- High school degree required, Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent preferred.
- At least three years of administrative and clerical experience required
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Authorized to work in the USA
Individuals in the position will spend much of their day sitting and standing in an office setting.
Schedule: Preference in office 9:00am - 5:30pm, with possible option to be hybrid depending on anticipated projects
How to Apply:
This is a full-time/40 hrs weekly, at-will position. Salary is offered at $20.00hr and benefits. To apply, email resume to kkarns[@]comstocksmag.com and to jobs[@]comstocksmag.com. Please include a cover letter and resume. Include “Admin Assistant” in the subject line for consideration.