Comstock’s magazine seeks a departments editor for its monthly print publication. Comstock’s magazine is the premier business publication for California’s Capital Region, which includes Sacramento and the nine surrounding counties. This position will report to the editor and be part of an editorial team.
The right candidate is an organized project manager, a deft copy editor and a born collaborator. If you have a knack for getting other people to meet deadlines while never missing your own, are excited about the opportunity to be part of the production of an award-winning magazine, and have excellent communication skills, we’re looking for you.
Comstock’s is a modern media company. While our print publication has been a regional staple for more than 30 years, our website and digital platforms are constantly evolving. An ideal candidate will be forward-thinking with a working knowledge of current industry trends, including delivery methods and revenue sources.
- Identify and assign editorial content for some of the print departments
- Serve as primary, secondary or copy editor on print content
- Serve as second editor on some web-exclusive content
- Assist with monthly proofing of the print magazine
- Write 1-2 stories per month, either for the web or print.
- AP Style
- Google Drive
- Ability to multitask
- Familiarity with both print and online media
- 2+ years of editorial experience
- Degree in journalism, english or communications or
- Proven alternative that checks this box with a bold stroke.
This is a full-time, permanent position. To apply: Send brief cover letter, resume and work samples (that you’ve either written or edited) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line must read “Comstock’s Departments Editor” for consideration. Deadline to apply is June 7. No phone calls, please.