Calling all film buffs! The California Capital Documentary Film Festival is an event you won’t want to miss. Starting June 10 and running through June 12, the California Capital Arts Foundation will host the Sacramento region’s first international documentary film festival in Rancho Cordova. Featuring nonfiction cinematography from around the globe, the festival will feature over 50 documentary films in both short and long form, panel discussions with filmmakers and Q&A sessions with many of the subjects of the documentary films screened. Comstock’s has the scoop on what event attendees can expect from the region’s first film festival.
Q: What are some of the documentaries attendees can look forward to viewing?
A: The festival will feature more than 50 documentaries spanning a multitude of industries and topics, such as:
- A Perfect Vintage – a documentary about winemaking and wineries in the Napa Valley region
- Built Beautiful – a documentary that looks at how neuroscience is helping to determine how and why beauty plays an important role in our well-being
- David Mirish: The Man Behind the Golden Stars – a film about one of Hollywood’s most famous publicists and his clients
- Hannibal Hopkins and Sir Anthony – a film about the legendary Sir Anthony Hopkins
- Mister Candid Camera – a film about Alan Funt, the creator of Candid Camera
- The Accidental President – a new political documentary about President Donald Trump directed by British filmmaker and journalist James Fletcher
- The Dirt Whisperer – a film that looks at food from farm to fork
- Neutra – Survival Through Design – a feature documentary that examines the life and work of Austrian American architect Richard Neutra
For a full list of the 2022 selected films, please click here.
Q: Where will the festival be held?
A: Films will be screened at three different venues: the City of Rancho Cordova City Council Chambers, CalCap Studios, and the George Washington Carver School of Arts and Science. Each venue has the capability to show films with full surround sound in a movie theater setting.
Q: The festival runs June 10 through June 12. What is the opening reception on June 9?
A: To kick off the festival, a free reception will be held for Rancho Cordova residents on June 9 at JJ Pfister Distillery in Sacramento. The opening reception will include buffet-style appetizers and an opportunity to meet and greet the festival’s participating filmmakers and celebrities. Reservations are required to attend.
Q: Who should attend the festival and why?
A: Whether you have an interest in social issues, politics, the environment, or nonfiction films in general, we can guarantee there will be something for everyone. With so many films and events to choose from, the festival is focused on creating an engaging environment that will include both fantastic films and interviews in a movie theater setting at low cost.
Interested in attending? Don’t wait, purchase your ticket today!