Every year, thousands of the most vulnerable women and children receive the support of food, safety and shelter from the American River Bank Foundation.
“As a community bank, we’re here to meet community needs, both financial and social,” says Dave Ritchie, president and CEO of American River Bank. “Our foundation is special in that it is truly an employee-led effort.” Employees spearhead fundraisers encouraging co-workers, client and vendor participation, and American River Bank matches every dollar employees donate. Employees then review all grant requests and make funding recommendations to the foundation board, with grants awarded to nonprofits in the communities where the funds were raised.
Since 2004, the foundation has awarded more than $1.5 million to nonprofit organizations throughout the bank’s service areas
2021 Sacramento-placer County American River Bank Foundation Grant Recipients:
- Chicks in Crisis - Providing pregnancy and parenting program resources
- Child Advocates of Placer County - Pairing advocates with vulnerable children
- Court Appointed Special Advocates Sacramento- Ensuring consistency and support for children in the foster care system
- Sacramento Children’s Home - Providing access to the crisis nursery
- Sacramento Life Center - Offering support, resources and free medical services for unplanned or unsupported pregnancies
- Saint John’s Program for Real Change - Helping to break the cycle of poverty and dependence, one family at a time
- Wellspring Women’s Center - Helping build the self-esteem of women and their children
- Women’s Empowerment - Developing skills and confidence to get a job, maintain a healthy lifestyle, and regain a home
Contribute to the Spread the Love Fundraiser through March 31 at AmericanRiverBank.com.